Loading...
English

Church

Church „St.Prorok Iliya”

In 1865 was built the temple St. Iliya with the help of all the population of Kuklen quarter. On 3 August 1877 Circassians and bashi-bazouks rushed into the town from west. After killing people and robbing the houses they tried to enter the temple but they didn’t succeed. After treachery of the local people who show the weak point of the temple the Turkish succeed to enter and fire the whole building. In 1880 there was decision for restoring the temple. A committee with ten members is elected with a chairman the parish priest Ivan Slavov. They gather money and after one year the church is restored but not completely. Nowadays it is totally repaired.